Job title: Database Admin Analyst
Job description: Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The future is what you make it. When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
As Database Administrator of Database Management organization at Honeywell, you will have opportunity to work with large footprint of various database technologies and make a difference by establishing a solid foundation for innovation, performance, reliability, and scalability working on on-prem and public cloud solutions leveraging multiple database technologies.
You will have opportunity to work on ORACLE database development, architecture, and operations that are responsible for setting the database strategy and delivering a scalable and reliable data platform that supports Honeywell’s Digital Platform and Applications. Additionally, you will also participate and provide your guidance for the design and implementation of databases in global high availability and high-performance environments. You will be working with leads to maintain the ORACLE database models across all applications, design new solutions at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and will deliver large scale systems that will have an impact on revenue growth.
· Must have hands-on experience in Oracle Database Upgrade from 12c to 19c
· Must have hands-on experience High Availability database solutions in physical, logical, and Active Data Guard
· Must have hands-on experience DB technology support for SAP oracle database or Oracle ERP
· Hands-on experience in Oracle EBS R12.1 & R12.2, SAP ERP oracle database
· Hands-on experience in full lifecycle of Database environment (Plan, Build, Patch, Run) for Oracle database including SAP database, EBS R12.2, R12.1
· Maintain and develop backup/recovery process for Oracle database and Eco-systems.
· Involve on adoption of strategic platforms for ORACLE database – on-premises and Cloud Infrastructure
· Contribute to Database Automation activities to improve process efficiency and risk compliance
· Drive Stability initiatives by proactively reviewing and addressing Database performance and capacity trends
· Effectively participate in 24×7 operational support shift model
· Ready to learn other core database technology like MS SQL, MySQL, open-source databases.
· Stay focused, aggressive, active, coordinate with team, and add big value as a strong team player.
· Ensure centralized 24×7 Database Monitoring and Auditing Tools in place and effective in operation
· Create and maintain reliable CMDB inventory for your area of responsibility along with connected assets.
· Review consistently on the usage of database inventory on-going basis and work on consolidation, migration and deletion of assets associated and ensure savings to IT spend
· Make sure to delete the vendor unsupported environments and stay in compliance to protect data and systems from any vulnerability
· Stay focused as part of Operational Database Support teams to troubleshoot and investigate Business impacting performance issues on need basis.
· Seek leader’s guidance and apply knowledge of concepts and procedures to resolve issues
· Participate in creation of standards, processes, and documentation for various database activities including architecture, user access, user termination, DB creation, DB migration, DB security, Service Now knowledge etc.,
· Ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory requirements, evaluate controls to help mitigate negative outcomes through prevention, detection, and correction – SOX/PCI/GDPR/Export compliance etc.,
· Engage in cross-platform training & in bits and bytes sessions on technology trends, create opportunities for career growth, and train the resources across various technologies
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred
· 2+ years of Experience with ORACLE database is must and should be ready for hands-on work on a day-today basis.
· Strong knowledge and hands-on of database technology in SAP DB Administration or Oracle EBS is big plus.
· Nice to have minimum experience in Database Tuning and database replication.
- Knowledge in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, coding, testing and production support
- Knowledge and hands-on in transforming to and from on premise environment to cloud technology
- Excellent oral, written and collaborative communication skills.
· The ability to partner effectively across IT teams, suppliers and business customers on cross-functional projects and process improvements
· Strong interpersonal skills – effective listening and be a motivated team player.
· Knowledge and hands-on with data protection, business continuity and disaster recovery options, configuration and execution
· Experience in effectively dealing with critical outages and remediation efforts given risk activities
· Creative and collaborative problem-solving capability
· Excellent leadership communication and executive presence
· Strong influencing, program and change management skills
· Strong business acumen and customer focus
· Conveys specific, observable, and/or measurable expectations for each assignment, and verifies understanding and agreement on deliverables and timeframes
· Consistently makes timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness
· Analytical experience with spreadsheet analysis, public presentations, and data management the ability to be a change agent and promote positive change in the organization
· The ability to translate business issues / requirements and objectives into technical solutions
· Strong knowledge of IT business processes and practices including ITIL methodology
· Travel Approximately 15%
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: ELCOT- SEZ, PLOT NO.1, ILANDAIKULAM RING ROAD, NEAR : PANDIKOIL, KARUPPAYURANI POST, Madurai, TAMIL NADU 625020 IND
Supply Chain (CHINA)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:25:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!