Job title: Director, Software Engineering – 5G R&D Telco
Job description: Job Title: Director, Software Engineering – 5G R&D
Work Location: Bangalore India
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
From applied research to advanced engineering, the 5G Software Development/Technologist team will continue to design and develop ground-breaking products and solutions for our service providers and enterprise customers. It’s a fascinating field of work. This R&D team is tasked with bringing 5G Network products and solutions capable of addressing both enterprise and communication service provider requirements. You will join a talented and growing team applying deep experience and expertise to build innovative products and solutions to power 5G networks. This includes assessing the competition, developing technology and product strategies, generating intellectual property, leading technology investigations, analyzing industry capabilities and recommending potential acquisitions or vendor partner opportunities; all while working with talented individuals across Dell to ensure Dell products always lead the way.
The Director, Software Engineering will be part of a core 5G development team, responsible for driving quality, velocity, innovation, mentorship of junior and senior engineers and leaders while balancing the demands of delivering new capabilities with the needs of product maintenance and customer requests. You must work with the head of product management to provide clarity on priorities and be nimble to adjust them as needed.. The candidate for this role will have significant work experience building engineering teams across multiple platforms/domains in mobile systems and 3GPP standards as well as possess a strong background in NFV and cloud system architectures.
- Build a 5G R&D team from the ground up in Dell’s Bangalore office
- Lead member of the Dell’s 5G team, for O-RAN Infrastructure, which is responsible for the development of 5G Strategy & Solutions recommendations to senior leadership
- Internal technical expert on 4G/5G O-RAN Infrastructure Solutions who will support Dell product divisions and marketing organizations.
- Support Dell’s go to market organizations in engaging our Telecom and Enterprise customers to learn current and future market demands, document ‘user stories’ and craft winning proposals.
- Collaborate and work closely with all Stakeholders to obtain prompt resolution to key business issues likely to impact product release schedules, product requirements, product quality, and business operations
- Make organizational and process changes to eliminate any friction impairing us from the continuous delivery of value for our customers, and maximize engineering productivity
Essential Requirements (About You)
- Proven record of working on large mobile network systems RAN development.
- Rich experience in 4G/5G mobile network RAN infrastructure and IP communications. Strong understanding of virtualized RAN technology, standards and ecosystem
- Proven track record of building and growing a team of the best and brightest
- Deep understanding of Agile and LEAN and proven experience in leading organizations with these values
- Organized, goal-oriented technical leader to lead, follow, and effectively collaborate with knowledgeable development peers and business partners.
- Knowledge and background in Cloud and Mobile infrastructure technology and requirements. Past experience in TCO modeling, infrastructure cost reduction programs, and certification requirements for radio base station infrastructure.
- Deep understanding and experience managing complex external relationships including those with Standards Bodies
- Experience managing a highly focused team of subject matter experts
- Typically 18+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience 10+ years diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization and people motivation skill (or equivalent experience)
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 .
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy .
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 04 Jun 2021 03:44:46 GMT
Apply for the job now!